I have spent the last ten years studying their technique. I want viewers of my artwork to feel as if the painting were glowing and radiating its own light source. Light is everything in my paintings: Light is both my primary technique and the symbol of God's life-giving, healing nature. Light from the moon or the sun washes across all my paintings. Light represents Life - the essence of all living things, the spirit of nature. I began drawing and painting as a way of giving life to my own soothing daydreams of nature. Because I suffered from severe dyslexia, learning to read and write was excruciatingly painful. School was constantly a source of never-ending stress. I was unable to communicate with words, so art became my way of sharing with others from my earliest childhood. I always wanted to draw my own secret world of peace and tranquility, free from the stresses of life. My father and I painted the tranquility of nature together as he battled two separate life-threatening attacks of cancer. He recovered completely. He credits his recovery to the healing power of rendering nature in art. It was only later that I discovered that many research studies have proven that art can, and does, promote healing. When I paint I travel to the peaceful places of my imagination. I grow more serene. My heart rate appears to slow down. My breathing becomes slow and rhythmic. The responsibilities of modern life are put in perspective: they become much easier to accept. I am reminded of what is important: family and the beautiful grace of God's nature. When communing with nature on the canvas, peace and tranquility flow through me. Art has the power to improve your life. Allow the Light of nature, of life, to wash over your body and soul.
Pubblicato il 02/03/12 ed Aggiornato il
Al Hogue ~ Landscape painter
- ► 2016 (664)
- ► 2015 (509)
- ► 2014 (391)
- ► 2013 (588)
- Le Gallerie di Piazza Scala, Milano
- Xi Pan / 潘曦, 1971 | Figurative painter
- Florian Nicolle ~ Graphic designer and illustrator...
- Max Ernst ~ Dada Surrealist painter
- Pol Tergejst ~ Flame-shape digital painter
- Tintoretto ~ Venetian Mannerist painter
- Pietro Perugino | Early Renaissance painter
- Alfio Presotto 1940 ~ Surrealist painter
- Werner Schnell | Metal sculpture
- The Awakening, 1980
- Man Ray | Dadaist /Surrealist Photographer /Painte...
- Marcel Duchamp
- Pablo Picasso ~ The Portraits
- Giorgione | Venetian of the High Renaissance paint...
- Pam Hawkes | Portrait painter
- El Greco | Mannerist painter
- Ignacio Zuloaga | Genre/Realist painter
- Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec ~ Post-Impressionist pai...
- Damiano Taurino 1949 ~ Figurative sculptor
- Antonietta Varallo | Plein air painter
- Aram Nersisyan
- Brent Lynch ~ Fashion painter
- Mike Worrall 1942 ~ Surrealist painter
- Brenda Burke ~ Classical realist painter
- Edward Pustovoitov 1964 ~ Fantasy and surrealist p...
- Antonio Basoli ~ Pictorial Alphabet
- David Gray, 1970 | Classical Realist painter
- Jorge Ignacio Nazabal 1962 ~ Surrealist painter
- Eva Antonini ~ Figurative sculptor
- Brigitte Teman | Sculptures en bronze
- A.D. Cook 1961 ~ Fashion painter
- Matthias Grünewald ~ Renaissance painter
- Paul Delaroche ~ Academic / history painter
- Miguel Freitas ~ The naive memories
- Claudio Bravo ~ Hyperrealist painter
- Hoangnamphoto ~ Professional photographer
- Igor Medvedev, 1961
- Bellor 1911-2000 ~ Symbolist painter
- Michael Cheval, 1966 ~ Surrealist painter
- Il Dio di Capo Artemisio
- Alyssa Monks, 1977 | Portrait Hyperrealist /Abstra...
- Hervé Loilier, 1948
- Marc Chapaud, 1941 | Paris painting
- Frank Cadogan Cowper ~ The last of the Pre-Raphael...
- Marie-Paule Deville-Chabrolle, 1952
- Fabio Hurtado, 1960
- Venice paintings...
- Thomas Moran | Hudson River School
- LaShun Beal
- Guy Dessapt 1938 ~ Paris autumn
- Cao Yong, 1962 ~ Romantic cityscapes
- Will Wilson, 1957
- Felix Mas, 1935
- Rabarama 1969 ~ Monumental sculptures
- Trish Biddle ~ Art Déco painter
- Al Hogue ~ Landscape painter
- Christiane Vleugels, 1963 | Hyperrealist painter
- Andrius Kovelinas ~ Surrealist painter
- Andrew Atroshenko, 1965 | Romantic impressionist p...
- ▼ marzo (59)
- ► 2011 (541)