American Awards winning painter Amy Lind studied portrait painting at the Florence Academy of Art under “living master” Maureen Hyde and with Michael Grimaldi at the Bay Area Classical Artist Atelier. She graduated Summa Cum Laude and received her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the Savannah College of Art and Design. Her eclectic training has provided her with a unique approach and insight to realism, which is visible in both the traditional and contemporary qualities that her paintings possess.
Lind’s work has appeared in national publications, including The Art of the Portrait: Journal of the Portrait Society of America as well as three features in American Art Collector magazine. Her paintings hang in both public and private collections around the world. On top of gallery work, Lind is sought out by many for her uncanny ability to capture the likeness and essence of those she paints. Compelled by the strikingly simple, yet infinitely complex qualities of the people and things that surround her, Lind attempts to convey a sense of life, beauty and truth through her paintings. Whether she is painting the figure, landscape, or still life, her work is recognized for its captivating quality of light and sophisticated use of expressive color.
Hailing from the Chicagoland area, Lind now resides with her husband, a commercial producer, in Los Angeles, California where she has been juried into the prestigious California Art Club’s Mentor Membership program. She is currently represented by Robert Lange Studios in Charleston, South Carolina, and will hold her fifth solo exhibition there in December 2010.
Selected Honors and Awards
- FINALIST | Art Renewal Center International Salon, 2012-2013
- SOUTHWEST ART EDITOR'S AWARD OF EXCELLENCE | Editor's choice out of work by 75 artists in the Artist for the New Century Show at Bennington Center for the Arts, June 2012
- OXFORD AMERICAN 100 UNDER 100 THE NEW SUPERSTARS OF SOUTHERN ART | Oxford American Magazine, February 2012
- FINALIST | Art Renewal Center International Salon, 2011-2012
- NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLERS LIST | Painted the images in the children's picture book "Marcel the Shell With Shoes On: Things About Me", book made best sellers list, December 2011
- HONORABLE MENTION & 2-TIME FINALIST IN THE FIGURATIVE CATEGORY | Art Renewal Center International Salon, 2010-2011
- ARTIST TO WATCH - EDITOR'S CHOICE FOR UP-AND-COMING TALENT | Southwest Art Magazine, February 2011
- HONORABLE MENTION | Portrait Society of America's Member's Only Competition, "Outside the Box" Category, 2011
- COVER ARTIST | American Art Collector, Issue 62, December 2010
- COVER ARTIST | Art Calendar (now called Professional Artist Magazine), May 2010
- JURIED INTO OIL PAINTERS OF AMERICA 2010 WESTERN REGIONAL EXHIBITION | 2010
- JURIED INTO OIL PAINTERS OF AMERICA 19TH ANNUAL JURIED EXHIBITION OF TRADITIONAL OILS | 2010
- BEST IN SHOW | Sidewalk Arts Festival, Savannah, GA, 2007
- SUMMA CUM LAUDE GRADUATE | Savannah College of Art and Design, 2006.