Frøydis Aarseth is a full time artist and runs her own school of figurative art in Bergen, Norway. Frøydis Aarseth was born in Norway in 1986. She has always known what she wanted in life and that is to live life as a figurative artist – not only to paint paintings that are beautiful to look at, but also to convey a deeper importance that will give the viewer something more than only aesthetics.
She began her studies at The Florence Academy of Art in Italy in 2006 and graduated from the academy in 2009. After this she continued her studies in Paris, France under the direction of the figurative master Odd Nerdrum.
Growing up in a small village next to the Førde fjord in Norway has made a big impact on the themes in Frøydis’s paintings. She paints still lifes, portraits and landscapes. She paints from live models and her landscapes are painted plein air.
- 2010: Student of Odd Nerdrum;
- 2006-2009: The Florence Academy of Art, Italy;
- 2002-2005: Tegning, form og farge, Art high school in Jølster, Norway.
- 2013: Chairman’s choice award from the international Art Renewal Center’s saloon for her painting “The journey”.
- 2010, 2011, 2012: Three year scholarship from the energy company Sogn og Fjordane Energi;
- 2010: Scholarship from Sven Revolds Minnefond.