American painter Lynn R. Sanguedolce is an award-winning artist who has been represented by prestigious galleries across the country. A professional artist for over thirty years, her work may be found in collections throughout the United States and abroad.
The inspiration for Lynn's work stems from her appreciation of the beauty of nature and the human form. Portraiture and figurative painting are particularly rewarding to Lynn, since they allow her to translate the essence of a subject's personality into a piece of fine art.
Lynn's early career in the 1980's focused on watercolor illustration for many different publications in the New York City area, among them Reader's Digest. From there, she transitioned into working in oil, producing landscape, figurative and portrait works. Her commitment to life drawing, plein air landscape and alla prima figurative painting have always been, and continue to be, a crucial component in Lynn's ongoing development as an artist.
Lynn's formal art education includes study at Carnegie-Mellon University, The School of Visual Arts in New York City and the California Art Institute, where she later became an instructor. Throughout her career, she has continued to study and practice traditional drawing and painting principles through various workshops, classes and private instruction. Some teachers Lynn feels particularly indebted to are John Phillip Osborne, John Frederick Murray, Glen Orbik and Jeremy Lipking. In addition to teaching workshops, Lynn now leads a popular Open Studio Figure Painting class in Lafayette, California.
Lynn currently resides in the San Francisco East Bay.
Awards /Recognition /Exhibitions
- May 2012: Selected as a FINALIST for the Art Renewal Center 2011-2012 International Salon;
- April 2012: Selected as a FINALIST in the Portrait Society of America's International Competition 2012;
- April 2012: Artist Magazine Award of Excellence, The Greenhouse Gallery Salon International 2012;
- April 2012: Jury's Top 50 Award, The Greenhouse Gallery Salon International 2012;
- April 2012: 3 Paintings Juried into the Salon International, Greenhouse Gallery, TX;
- March 2012: Selected into the Fine Art Studio Online BoldBrush Painting Competition FAV15;
- March 2012: Chosen as a FINALIST in the RayMar Fine Art Competition;
- February 2012: Selected into the Fine Art Studio Online BoldBrush Painting Competition FAV15;
- April 2011: Juried into Salon International 2011, Greenhouse Gallery, San Antonio, TX;
- April 2010: Invited to participate in Nomades Del Arte Exhibition, Southwest Gallery, Dallas, TX;
- August 2009: Oil Painters of America, Western Regional, Howard /Mandeville Gallery, Kirkland, WA;
- June 2009: California Art Club Exhibit "Eternal Light", Blinn House, Pasadena, CA;
- April 2009: Juried into Salon International 2009, Greenhouse Gallery, San Antonio, TX;
- September 2008: JM Stringer Gallery, "A Season of Discovery II" Exhibition;
- March 2008: Selected to exhibit at Nomades Del Arte, Sage Creek Gallery, NM;
- May 2007: Juried into Salon International 2007, Greenhouse Gallery, San Antonio, TX;
- February 2007: Election to "Artist Member", Tucson Plein Air Painters Society (TPAPS);
- December 2006: Acceptance into the Nomades Del Arte Plein Air Event, Santa Fe, NM;
- December 2004: Exhibition at the Robert Butler Gallery, Danville, CA;
- August 2003: California Art Club Angel Island Paint-Out;
- June 2003: Napa Valley Museum Pleain Air Bienniel Exhibit, Yountville, CA;
- January 1993: Weber Merchandise Award, 13th Annual Open Jury Show, Ridgewood Art Inst;
- October 1992: Honorable Mention in Painting at the Mountain Art Show, Bernardsville, NJ;
- March 1992: Invitational Benefit for the Newark Museum;
- October 1991: The Angelini Award at the 49th Annual Open NJ Watercolor Society Exhibition;
- October 1990: Exhibited in the New Jersey Watercolor Society Show.