Tanvi Pathare, born in Mumbai, India, showed a growing interest in the fine arts since a very early age. She graduated with honors from the prestigious Sir J. J. School of Art in Mumbai where she received a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Painting. Following the allure of the realistic tradition of painting from nature, Tanvi attended The Florence Academy of Art, Florence, Italy, graduating from the Painting Program in 2012.
During her second year, she won the award for Best Figure Painting in the Intermediate Program, and in her final year, she was awarded Honorable Mention for Exceptional Overall Performance in Advanced Painting.
She is recipient of the prestigious Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant for Painting (2012), and a finalist in the Figurative Category of the ARC International Salon 2012-2013. Tanvi began teaching at The Florence Academy of Art as a student, and is presently a principal instructor in the Intensive Drawing and Painting programs at The Florence Academy of Art. She works privately in her studio in Florence.
Post-Graduation, Tanvi's works focuses on capturing nature as we see it, but in a space that represents a psychological landscape. She captures the idea of being caught between the real and the other worldly, using human emotions as her main inspiration.
- Elizabeth Green-shields Foundation Award, Canada. December 2012.
- Fourth Year Prize Scholarship at The Florence Academy of Art 2012-2013.
- Awarded Third place in the Sixth Alumni Exhibit,2012.
- Student Instructor at the Sculpture Drawing studio of The Florence Academy of Art, 2011-2012.
- Prized with the ARC student Scholarship Award, 2010-2011, the third place.
- Awarded Study/Work Scholarship by The Florence Academy Of art as a post of Studio Assistant,2010-2011.
- Awarded K.C.Mahindra Scholarship Trust Fund for Study Abroad 2009.
- Stood First at the Bachelors of Fine Art, Mumbai University Degree program, Year 2009.
- M. S. Shirgaonkar award for BEST PORTRAIT’ at Kaladeep Annual Art Exhibition, Mumbai 2007-08.
- '1st Prize' at Kaladeep Monsoon show 2008-2009.
- Merit Certificate at Kalavart Nyas Art competition, Ujjain 2008-09.
- '1st Prize' at Dolly Corsetjee Mural Competition 2008-09.
- 'Camlin Honorary Prize' for Painting, Mumbai.
- '2nd Prize' at Kaladeep Annual Exhibition, Mumbai 2008-09.
- FAA Alumni Show,Mana Contemporary,New Jersey, 2015.
- Royal Society of Portrait Painters, Mall Galleries,London, 2015.
- 'Impressions' Show at The Jehangir Art Gallery,Mumbai, 2013.
- Sixth Alumni Florence Academy of Art Exhibit, 2012.
- Participated in the Fifth Alumni Florence Academy of Art Exhibition, Florence, Italy with a few donated works to raise scholarship fund.
- Maharashtra State Art Exhibitions -2007-08, 2008-09.
- Chittari Art Competition, Pune- 2008-09.
- Kaladeep Monsoon Shows , Mumbai 2005-06, 2007-08, 2008-09.
- Kaladeep Annual Art Exhibitions -2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09.
- Kalavart Nyas Art Competition, Ujjain.
- 'Fibre Glass' Animal painting’ organised by I. M. C., Mumbai.
- 'Monsoon show' at Jehangir art gallery in 2009.
- Bajaj monsoon art show at Bajaj art gallery, 2010.