Tricia Cherrington-Ratliff is an artist who paints with a specific goal of leaving behind works of art that will be meaningful to future generations.
Having grown up in the shadows of the Music Hall of historic Tarrytown New York, painter Tricia Cherrington-Ratliff credits New York's vibrant art scene with inspiring her to create fine art at a young age. Unconsiously, the history of her surroundings gave her a lifelong sense that a beautiful work of art outlasts a generation and speaks to those who come later. She considers artwork a legacy to be passed to others.
At 12 years old, she could be discovered spontaneously drawing beautiful historic locations around town. She accepted early that she wouldn't keep the fruits of her excursions as passers by purchased nearly every drawing she created. This provided natural encouragement and established a trend that that continues today.
Tricia has studied with master painters from around the world. As a result, her work today is influenced by both contemporary realists as well as the old masters (Rembrandt, Titian, Vermeer and Caravaggio). She employs a combination of contemporary colorist methods and classical painting approaches that allow her to tackle any subject in any style that inspires her.
Her work is a constantly evolving dialog of peaceful realist still life paintings reflecting the joys and complexities of everyday life. You can enjoy her work today knowing that a common thread that brings her current series of works together will surely inspire a whole new exploration of visual ideas in her next series.
Tricia is also a member of the pristegious "invitation only" group Fine Art Professionals of Virginia.
- Ongoing representation Berkley Gallery, Warrenton Va 2013 - present;
- Ongoing representation Ventana Fine Art, Santa Fe New Mexico 2012 - present;
- Ongoing representation Broadway Gallery, Fairfax ,VA November 2010 - present;
- Avenue Beau Sejour Gallery, Great Falls, VA 2010;
- Finalist, Expressions Portrait Competition MD/DC/VA October 2010;
- Solo Exhibit, Applegate Gallery Vienna, VA April 2009, June 2010;
- Solo Exhibit, Peninsula Gallery Lewes, DE March 28th - April 6th 2010;
- Waterford Art Exhibit Waterford, VA October 2009;
- Still Life Poetry Invitational, Herndon Foundation for the Cultural Arts, August 2009;
- Solo Exhibit "Unfolding the Kimono", ArtSpace Gallery Herndon VA May 2009;
- Chelsea 32 Gallery New York City January 2009 - August 2009;
- Something Hot Exhibit at Gallery 222 and Artsquare gallery, Leesburg VA August 2008, 2011;
- Guest Painter at Pershing Park / Willard Hotel in Washington DC September - October 2007;
- Metamorphosis Invitational, Arlington VA September 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.
- Juror, Expressions Portrait Competition October 2011;
- Director of Annual Art Jam Mini Conference 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011;
- Director of "Paint Herndon 2008" Plein Air competition;
- Curator of grand opening exhibit at Herndon Foundation for the Cultural Arts’ Art Center;
- Herndon Foundation for the Cultural Arts Programming Committee 2008 - 2010;
- HFCA Gallery Volunteer of the Year 2008.