Award winning artist Hashim Akib is born in England.
Working as an illustrator for over 15 years has provided valuable experience in developing a backbone of drawing, conceptual ideas and painting techniques.
My client list varies from The Times newspapers, Daily Express, Daily Mail, Time magazine, ad campaign for Smirnoff, a stamp for Royal Mail and concepts for a product range for W.H.Smith.
Over the last few years I have been keen to explore my own ideas and evoke a greater emotional response in my paintings. Contrasting flecks of colour, heavy textural paint and expressive brush strokes combine to bring greater depth and mood to each painting.
I am inspired by everyday images around me. Recently I painted a series of paintings in various cities as well as in and around the Notting Hill Carnival.
- 1987 - Highly Commended, Cadbury's Young Artist of the Year;
- 2000 - Braintree Summer Open, Hannay Award;
- 2001 - Braintree Summer Open, Braintree District Council Award;
- 2005 - International Artist Publication, 'Favourite Subjects';
- 2005 - Winner SAA Professional Artist 05;
- 2006 - The Artist, Patchings 06 Competition;
- 2006 - Winner SAA Best Animal/ Wildlife category;
- 2007 - Highly Commended SAA Townscape category;
- 2007 - Winner SAA Seascape category;
- 2007 - Winner SAA Professional Artist 07;
- 2007 - Third Prize, Artist and Illustrators Self Portrait Competition;
- 2008 - Winner SAA Best Abstract category;
- 2008 - Beecroft Summer Open, Winner Best Oil;
- 2009 - Winner SAA Artist of the Year 2009.