Award winning artist Tyson Snow has always had a passion for fine art and a desire for an outlet where he could create work that was powerful, personal and beautiful. Tyson has worked tirelessly to improve that idea and has since found the pathway to success.
Tyson has focused on fine art for more than 10 years.
He started showing his work in 2004 in The Marshall Gallery in Scottsdale, AZ. He had near instant success which brought a growing public interest in his work. He has been selected and featured as a finalist for the “Cover Art Competition” in the American Artist Magazine (drawing issue).
He was also featured in the American Art Collector Magazine a number of times, as well as other publications and newspapers.
Tyson’s work has primarily consisted of black and white work; complex drawings created in reverse with white pencil over black substrate.
These are mostly formal type portraits of tribal peoples that Snow visits in his travels between Northern Namibia and South Africa. Renowned for his delicate figurative renderings in white on black, his reputation for nuanced pen-and-ink interpretations of old world architecture are also well deserved.
Due to a compelling desire to create in different mediums, Snow began sculpting in clay/casting in bronze and painting in oils. His ability has allowed him to find early successes in both of those mediums.
Tyson has been accepted into several museum and juried art exhibitions were he has been the recipient of 1st place ribbons, merit awards and purchase awards for his sculpture, paintings and drawings. He has also been selected as a semi-finalist and winner of several public works bronze monuments.
- Associates degree: Industrial Design Technology;
- Art Institute of Pittsburgh;
- SCC: Foundry work and fine art painting;
- MCC: Photoshop, Illustrator and Quark;
- Private workshop: One week private apprenticeship with William Whitaker 2009;
- Scottsdale Artist School; Workshop, Eugene Daub, Figure in bas relief, 2010;
- Scottsdale Artist School; Workshop, John Coleman, Figure in clay, 2011.
- The Meyer Gallery, Santa Fe, New Mexico
Honors and Experience:
- US Coast Guard; Oil painting, Inaugural exhibition and permanent collection 2014;
- US Coast Guard; 2x life size bust of D. Munro, Coast Guard Headquarters D.C. 2013;
- PHX Fire Training Academy; Terrazzo floor in Dispatch Center, Budget; 2012-13;
- Finalist for NC State University monument(s), Budget; $105,000, Coaches Corner, 2012;
- US Coast Guard; Bust of Douglas Munro installed aboard the USS Munroe, 2010;
- Fire Training Academy Monument, Budget: $315,000, City of Phoenix, AZ, 2010-12;
- Jacob Hamblin Memorial, Budget: $200,000, Kanab, UT 2009-10;
- Finalist for a Public Safety Memorial, Budget: $2,000,000, Richmond, VA 2009-10;
- Selected for the artist registry preferred sculptors list, Atlanta, GA 2009-10;
- 7 bronze busts for public Monument, Budget: $70,000 Santa Clara, UT 2008;
- Freelance designer for Crazy Shirts , Hawaii, 2007 to present;
- Photo Study Tours: South Africa and Namibia, 2000, 2002, 2006 and 2007;
- Designs for Disney Design Group, Orlando, Florida 2003;
- PBS Magic Woods Productions as head illustrator, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2001-2003.
- Sculpture Review Magazine, "Educating a New Generation of Figurative Sculptors", 2012;
- Merit Award; SMA, UT: 88th Annual Spring Salon 2012;
- 1st Place in sculpture category; Scottsdale Artist School; Best and Brightest Juried Ex. 2012;
- Southwest Artist Magazine; Sculpture and article featured in July's issue 2011;
- Awarded a scholarship through the Joe Beeler Foundation for excellence in sculpture 2011;
- 1st Place and Purchase Award; Scottsdale Artist School; Best and Brightest Juried Ex. 2011;
- Merit Award; SMA, UT: 25th Annual Spiritual and Religious Exhibition 2010;
- Featured in Scottsdale's First Annual Drawing Event booklet 2009/2010;
- Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine, Featured in October's issue 2009;
- American Art Collector, Featured in October's issue, 2009;
- Ensign Magazine (distributed world wide), featured in Septembers issue 2009;
- American Art Collector, mentioned in January's issue, 2009;
- American Artist Magazine, (Drawing edition) Cover art competition, winter 2007;