Николай Иванович Фешин [1881-1955] was a Russian-born American painter, known for his portraits and works featuring Native Americans. After graduating with the highest marks from the Imperial Academy of Arts and traveling in Europe under a Prix de Rome, he returned to his native Kazan, where he taught and painted. He exhibited his first work in the United States in 1910 in an international exhibition in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. After immigrating with his family to New York in 1923 and working there for a few years, Fechin developed tuberculosis and moved West for a drier climate. He and his family settled in Taos, New Mexico, where he became fascinated by Native Americans and the landscape. His best work while in the United States was of these elements. The adobe house which he renovated in Taos is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is used as the Taos Art Museum. After leaving Taos in 1933, Fechin eventually settled in southern California.
Pubblicato il 10/12/11 ed Aggiornato il
Nicolai Fechin ~ Impressionist painter
- ► 2016 (664)
- ► 2015 (509)
- ► 2014 (391)
- ► 2013 (588)
- ► 2012 (838)
- David Ligare ~ Neo-classic painter
- Denis Oktyabr 1977 ~ Impressionist painter
- Mary Cassatt ~ Impressionist painter
- Yoshiro Tachibana, 1941 ~ Naif painter
- Francis Picabia ~ Cubist / Dada / Surrealist paint...
- Mihály Von Munkácsy | Academic/Realist painter
- Manuel Gil Perez [1925-1957]
- Iban Barrenetxea, 1973 | Fantasy Art
- Elio Ferrara, 1945 | Genre painter
- Gustave Courbet | Realist painter
- Beato Angelico ~ Late Gothic and Renaissance paint...
- Armen Gasparian 1966 ~ Symbolist painter
- Ruth Sanderson, 1951 ~ Fantasy illustrator
- Eduard Hau | Interiors of the Hermitage Museum
- Theodore Robinson ~ Impressionist/Realist painter
- Vincent Van Gogh ~ Drawing
- Abraxsis Der Jen ~ Love stories in the Forbidden C...
- Stuart Davis 1894-1964 ~ Abstract painter
- Scott Tallman Powers, 1972
- Camille Pissarro ~ Plein Air painting
- Carmen Giraldez, 1976 | Conceptual painter
- Vito Campanella, 1932-2014 | Surrealism /Metaphysi...
- Antonio Tamburro, 1948
- Dan McCaw, 1942 ~ Expressionist painter
- Virginia Palomeque, 1961 | Figurative Expressionis...
- Dennis Lewan, 1943 ~ Fantasy painter
- Angelo Bellini, 1938
- Caspar David Friedrich ~ Romantic/Symbolist painte...
- Julie Heffernan, 1956 ~ Magical Realism
- Parmigianino 1503-1540 ~ Mannerist painter
- Paul Robert Turner, 1975
- Robert Armetta
- Tomohiro Nakagawa 中川 知洋, 1974 | Surrealist /Vision...
- Lelio Menozzi, 1935
- Gleb Goloubetski, 1975
- Roman Frances, 1950
- Terry Avon Redlin | Landscape Wildlife painter
- Alan Giana | Nature's Fantasy painter
- Alexi Zaitsev, 1959 ~ Impressionist painter
- Piet Mondrian ~ Neo-Plasticist painter
- Sung Kim, 1940
- Barbara Fox ~ Watercolor painter
- Frederick Carl Frieseke ~ Impressionist painter
- Antinoo, il Dio greco
- Il Gruppo del Laocoonte | Roma Barocca, anno 200 a...
- Kaspian Shore, 1983
- Nicolai Fechin ~ Impressionist painter
- Balthus [1908-2001]
- Sleeping Hermaphroditos / Ermafrodito dormiente | ...
- Andrea Mantegna | Renaissance Trompe l'oeil style ...
- Tracey Harris, 1970 ~ Photo-realist painter
- Manuel Nuñez 1956 | California
- Gary J. Hernandez ~ Hyperrealist painter
- Scott Waddell
- Luke Hillestad
- Matteo Arfanotti, 1974
- Ronald Companoca, 1981 ~ Surrealist painter
- Gennady Privedentsev/ Геннадий Приведенцев ~ Surre...
- Victor Hagea 1948 ~ Surrealist painter
- Lluís Ribas, 1949 ~ Luminist painter
- La cattedrale di Orleans
- Hermin Abramovitch ~ Abstract photographer
- Erin Cone, 1976 | Figurative Realism painter
- Kenne Gregoire 1951 | New realism painter
- Eduard Zentsik ~ Surrealist painter
- Pompei, la città sepolta dal Vesuvio
- Paul Roberts, 1948 | Figurative Realist painter
- Fabrice Backes, 1968
- Paul David Bond, 1964 ~ Surrealist painter
- Doris Joa
- Catrin Arno ~ Surrealist painter
- Jacques Majorelle
- ▼ dicembre (72)