Rolf Armstrong [1889-1960] was born in Bay City, Michigan to Richard and Harriet (Scott) Armstrong. Armstrong's work for the Pictorial Review was largely responsible for that magazine achieving a circulation of more than two million by 1926. A year later, he was the best selling calendar artist at Brown and Bigelow. In 1930, RCA hired him to paint pin-ups to advertise their products, and in 1933 the Thomas D. Murphy Company signed him to produce a series of paintings for their line. Rolf Armstrong died in 1960 on the island of Oahu, Hawaii as one of the best "pin-up" artists of the first half of the twentieth century.
Pubblicato il 04/09/12 ed Aggiornato il
Rolf Armstrong ~ Pin-up painter
- ► 2016 (664)
- ► 2015 (509)
- ► 2014 (391)
- ► 2013 (588)
- Antonio Duarte
- Ron Hicks, 1965 | Impressionist Figurative painter...
- Barry Gross, 1948 | Portrait / Surrealist painter
- Charles Hawthorne ~ Portrait and Genre painter
- Giovanni Pascoli ~ Gelsomino notturno
- Daniel Garber ~ Impressionist painter
- Igor Maykov, 1966 | Surrealist painter
- Andrew Wyeth ~ Regionalist style
- Lucio Olivieri ~ Figurative sculptor
- Victoria Selbach ~ Figurative painter
- Stephen Darbishire ~ Impressionist painter
- Il Premio Nobel per la Pace
- Al Saralis ~ Figurative painter
- Alda Merini / Howard Pyle ~ Quelle come me amano t...
- Vladimir Kush, 1965 ~ The Surrealist sculptures
- Colin Staples, 1959 ~ Figurative and Portrait pain...
- The Crescent Moon Tower, Dubai
- Armand Point ~ Symbolist painter
- David Gilliver, 1979 ~ Psychadelic Light painter
- Albert Einstein Memorial
- Albert Einstein ~ L'Autobiografia scientifica
- António Macedo, 1955 ~ Realist Figurative painter
- Edwin Herde, 1951 ~ Figurative painter
- John Michael Carter, 1950 | Impressionist Figurati...
- Alexandre Cabanel ~ Academic painter
- José Villa Soberón, 1950 | John Lennon Memorial, H...
- Franz's Kafka Memorial, Prague 2003 | Public Art
- Mario Irarrázabal, 1940 | Figurative sculptor
- Lluís Ribas, 1949 ~ Luminist Figurative painter
- Helene Knoop ,1979 | Apollo and the Muses
- Ernest Hemingway ~ Il vecchio e il mare, 1952
- Helene Knoop, 1979 | Figurative / Narrative painte...
- Lorenzo Quinn, 1966 | Figurative sculptor
- Lesley Harrison ~ Wildlife painter
- Robert Hagan, 1947 | Plein Air painter
- Boris Indrikov /Борис Индриков, 1967 | Unicorn Dre...
- Robert Hagan, 1947 | Western painting
- Charles Warren Mundy, 1945 | Impressionist / Plein...
- Charles Warren Mundy, 1945 | Still life
- Bartolomeo Veneto ~ High Renaissance painter
- Sir Anthony Van Dyck | Baroque Era painter
- Charles Warren Mundy, 1945 | From Venice to Paris
- Emilia Wilk, 1983 ~ Figurative painter
- Andres Barrioquinto, 1975 ~ Surrealist painter
- Eric Montoya, 1968 ~ Surrealist painter
- Karen Wallis ~ Mist of Dreams
- Marianne von Werefkin ~ Expressionist painter
- Elvira Amrhein, 1957 ~ L'Ange Rebelle
- Jim Warren, 1949 ~ Fantasy and Surrealist painter
- Lovilla Chantal ~ Romantic Venice
- Robert Heindel ~ Dancers in White
- Robert Heindel ~ The Royal Ballet
- Pál Fried
- Grigory Gluckmann ~ The Models
- Helmo ~ Fashion Animals
- Joseph Lorusso, 1966
- Elena Kukanova, 1979 ~ The Red Mask
- Steve De La Mare ~ Digital Fantasy painter
- Valery Vetshteyn ~ Figurative painter
- John Duncan ~ Symbolist painter
- Antinoo ~ Mostra della Roma Barocca
- Goyo Dominguez, 1960 ~ Romantic/Realist painter
- Rolf Armstrong ~ Pin-up painter
- Sergio Lopez, 1983 ~ Plein Air and Concept painter...
- Jane Whiting Chrzanoska, 1948 ~ Intrique
- Craig Tracy ~ Body Art Illusions painter
- Kaspar von Zumbusch | Beethoven Monument, Vienna, ...
- Goyo Dominguez, 1960 ~ Romantic Figures
- Ludwig Van Beethoven | Composers in Art
- Così parlò Zarathustra ~ Nietzsche, 1885 | Il cant...
- Rachel Ferguson ~ Solitude..
- Craig Tracy ~ Body Art painter
- ▼ settembre (72)
- ► 2011 (541)