Realist painter Victoria Novak began her artistic career as an interior designer in her native Russia. For many years she enjoyed a successful career in her home city. A move to Italy, where her love of Italian Renaissance art was fostered, inspired Victoria to devote herself to painting. She began to experiment with Old Master painting techniques, but applying them within a more contemporary context. Of adopting the time honored techniques, Victoria says "At first it was more out of curiosity, but in the end I discovered a method that helps me to realize my ideas in the most satisfied way".
Working with an incredible attention to detail, color, and form, Victoria paints portraits and still lifes that deliver drama and beauty in organic, natural ways.
Victoria’s work has been featured in International Artist Magazine and American Art Collector and included in numerous juried exhibitions.
Her paintings can also be found in private collections in Russia, Malta, Italy and Switzerland.
She currently lives in Rome, where she continues to develop as an artist while also working for an international architecture and design studio.
- August 2015 - Group Exhibition "Celebrating Art of Women by Women" Haynes Galleries Thomaston, Maine, US.
- Summer 2014 - Group Exhibition "Still Life: Mundane to the Sublime", Haynes Galleries, Thomaston, Maine, US.
- June 2014 - Group Exhibition “Celebrating the Portrait as Timeless Art” Haynes Galleries Thomaston, Maine, US.
- May 2014 - Group Exhibition "Figurative Art" Miller Galleries, Cincinnati, US.
- April 2014 - Group Exhibition “Celebrating the Portrait as Art” Haynes Galleries, Nashville Tennessee, US.
- Jaunary 2014 - Group Exhibition “The Still Life: Mundane to the Sublime” Haynes Galleries, US.
- November 2013 - "City of Tiny Lights" SU Art Galleries, Salisbury, US.
- October 2013 - Group Exhibition "New Works: New Directions" Haynes Galleries, Nashville, US.
- September 2013 - Group Exhibition "Women Painting Women" Richard J. Dermato Fine Arts Gallery, NY.
- June 2013 - Group Exhibition "Materia, Forme e Colore" Palazzo Margutta, Rome, Italy.
- May 2013 - Group Exhibition "IMAGES" gallery, Vicenza, Italy.
- 2014 - The finalists in the Art Competition "Hidden", ArtAscent Art and Literature.
- 2014 - Third Place winner in the “Mind, Spirit and Emotion” competition in Art-Competition.net NY, US.
- 2014 - Finalist in "Still life" and "Figurative" categories in ARC Annual Salon, US.
- 2014 - Shortlisted in the Royal Society of Portrait Painters Annual Exhibition, UK.
- 2013 - Finalist in the Portrait and Figure competition, "International Artist Magazine", USA.
- 2013 - Finalist in Art Kudos International juried art competition and exhibition.
- 2013 - Shortlist of Concurso Figurativas 2013, Barcelona.
- 2013 - Featured Artist Award, Manhattan Arts International.
- 2013 - Finalist in the "Figurative" category in ARC Annual Salon, US
- 2013 - Finalist in the "Still Life" category in ARC Annual Salon, US
- 2013 - Finalist in the Portrait and Figure competition, "International Artist Magazine", NY, USA.
- 2013 - Finalist in "Russian Sicily" competition, Russian Consulate in Italy, Italy.