Masaccio [1401-1428] was the first great painter of the Italian Renaissance, whose innovations in the use of scientific perspective inaugurated the modern era in painting. The fresco series for the Brancacci Chapel in Santa Maria del Carmine, Florence 1427, illustrates another of his great innovations, the use of light to define the human body and its draperies. In these frescoes, rather than bathing his scenes in flat uniform light, he painted them as if they were illuminated from a single source of light the actual chapel window, thus creating a play of light and shadow that gave them a natural, realistic quality unknown in the art of his day. Of these six fresco scenes, Tribute Money and the Expulsion from Paradise are considered his masterpieces.
Pubblicato il 01/02/12 ed Aggiornato il
Masaccio ~ Renaissance painter
- ► 2016 (664)
- ► 2015 (509)
- ► 2014 (391)
- ► 2013 (588)
- Bill Mack | Relief sculptor
- Auguste Rodin | Impressionist/Romantic/Realist scu...
- Auguste Rodin ~ Pianist's Hands
- Camille Claudel ~ La donna implorante...
- Michele Van Cotthem, 1939
- Edgar Degas | Sculpture
- Edgar Degas | Realist/Impressionist painter and sc...
- Joaquín Sorolla | Realist /Impressionist painter |...
- Alain Picard ~ Portrait painter
- Chi non ha pane, ma compera fiori, è un poeta...
- Rusudan Petviashvili, 1968
- Benozzo Gozzoli ~ Late Gothic and Renaissance pain...
- Max Weber ~ Cubist painter
- Rembrandt van Rijn | Baroque painter
- Alexander Saidoff, 1970
- Charles Chaplin ~ Academic painter
- Georgia O'Keeffe | The Mother of American Modernis...
- Nicoletta Tomas 1963 ~ Figurative painter
- Georgia O'Keeffe | Abstract painter
- Alex Levin 1975 ~ Surrealist painter
- It’s Carnival time ~ The history of celebration
- Maria Jose Aguilar Gutierrez ~ Symbolist painter
- Ralph Hedley ~ Realist painter
- Alain Bonnefoit, 1937 ~ Sumi-e style painter
- Viktor Shvaiko 1965 | Academic landscape painter
- Vadim Suljakov 1960 ~ European landscapes
- Morgan Weistling, 1964 | Portrait Romantic painter...
- Henri Fantin-Latour ~ Still life
- The Arc de Triomphe
- Otto Müller ~ Expressionist painter
- William Powell Frith | Victorian Era painter
- Victor Wang ~ Symbolist painter
- Frans Hals | Dutch Golden Age painter
- Jacques-Laurent Agasse
- Bogdan Prystrom | Digital photomontage art
- Scott Mattlin, 1955
- Lord Frederic Leighton | Victorian-era painter
- Johan-Laurents Jensen ~ Still life
- Vladimir Hozatski, 1955
- Émile Friant | Realist painter
- Lovers in Art ~ Painting and sculpture
- Paul Klee ~ Expressionist painter
- Ladies with flowers
- Gustave Jean Jacquet ~ Academic Classical artist
- William Michael Harnett ~ Still life trompe l'oeil...
- Jean Béraud | La Belle Époque painter
- Albert Bloch ~ The Blue Rider Group
- Beppo Zuccheri, 1973
- Aci and Galatea
- Richard Currier, 1960 ~ Hyperrealist painter
- Aristide Maillol ~ Les Nabis Group
- Harbin Festival, 2012
- Pierre Auguste Renoir | Still life
- Paris 1925: Art Dèco gazzled the World / L'Art Déc...
- Pierre Le Faguays ~ Art Déco sculptor
- Rabindranath Tagore & Alain Dumas | Sei la nuvola ...
- Kate Lightfoot - Pop Surrealism painter
- Paul Guy Gantner 1948 ~ Landscape painter
- Italia Ruotolo ~ Pop Art painter
- Shirley Novak ~ En Plein air
- Pierre Bonnard ~ Les Nabis Group
- Janet Kruskamp ~ Romantic realist painter
- Marcel Nino Pajot, 1945
- Cayetano De Arquer Buigas, 1932 | Impressionist Fi...
- Masaccio ~ Renaissance painter
- Lennette Newell ~ Fashion photographer
- Jan Van Huysum | Floral still life painter
- ▼ febbraio (67)
- ► 2011 (541)