Born in Odessa, Ukraine, Olga Krimon / Ольгa Кримон received academic art education in Kazan, Russia. She continued to grow and develop her skills later in America, through drawing classes with Glen Orbik and painting classes with Jeremy Lipking*.
Olga also holds a BA in Art History, and she credits it with providing her the rich visual vocabulary that is instrumental for defining her path as an artist.
She also received an MBA making her well grounded in the business side of an artistic career.
Krimon continued to refine her craft through independent studies and daily practice.
Over time, Olga developed her own style grounded in fundamental principles of academic realism, sensitivity to subtle value and color transitions, and yet bold energy of movement and expressive brushstrokes.
Olga’s Figurative and Still life paintings are recognized by the Portrait Society of America (International Competition 3rd Honor Award 2014, Certificates of Excellence 2011 and 2015, Members Only Honorable Mention 2014) and American Art Collector Award of Excellence, Oil Painters of America Western Regional Competition 2014.
She is also a finalist in 2015 Art Renewal Center (ARC) International Salon Competition.
Olga exhibits with Oil Painters of America, American Impressionist Society, American Women Artists National Shows. Growing up she was (and still is) largely influenced by Repin*, Serov, Brullov, Levitan*, Kramskoy, Fechin* and other Russian titans*.
She then discovered Sargent, Zorn, Sorolla and Cecilia Beaux, and to this day she continues to examine the movement, the bold brushstrokes and the value arrangements in their pieces. Olga currently lives in Hermosa Beach, California.
- First Place, Drawing, Portrait Society of America (PSoA) 18th Annual International Portrait Competition, 2016;
- Winner, Strokes of Genius 9: Creative Discoveries North Light Books' 2016 Drawing Competition;
- Finalist, Art Renewal Center (ARC) International Salon Competition 2016;
- Certificate of Excellence, Portrait Society of America (PSoA), 17th Annual International Portrait Competition, 2015;
- 3rd Merit Award*, Portrait Society of America (PS0A) Members Only Competition 2015, Outside The Box Category;
- 3rd Honor Award*, Portrait Society of America (PSoA) 16th International Portrait Competition 2014;
- Finalist, Art Renewal Center (ARC) International Salon Competition 2015;
- 5th Honorable Mention, Portrait Society of America (PSoA) Members Only Competition 2014, Still Life Category;
- American Art Collector Magazine Award* of Excellence, Oil Painters of America (OPA) Western Regional Juried Exhibition, 2013;
- Certificate of Excellence, Portrait Society of America (PSoA), 13th Annual International Portrait Competition, 2011;
- 4 Finalist places, The Artist’s Magazine Annual Art Competitions, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012 (Figurative/Portrait and Still Life Categories).