Pubblicato il 30/04/12 ed Aggiornato il
Cheri Blum who was born in Maryland on 1969 and passed away at her home in Georgetown on November 4, 2003, at the age of 34.
Cheri's artwork, published by Wild Apple Graphics since 1996 and licensed by Wild Apple Licensing since 1999, has been highly successful in both open edition prints and licensed products from more than 40 companies.
Cheri Blum [1969-2003] began her career as an illustrator and muralist, creating trompe l’oeil, faux painting and decorative furniture finishes.
This background not only provided her with the techniques she used to create her beautiful, unique backgrounds, but also a strong desire to bring art into everyday life. "We should be able to surround ourselves with beautiful art in our homes and offices, not just when we visit museums and galleries”.
Pubblicato il 29/04/12 ed Aggiornato il
Contemporary chinese sculptor Zhang Yaxi is a professional sculptor in Chongqing, China. Her training and education is that of a typical young Chinese sculptor today -she has created monumental sculptures up to 7 metres in height, and her sculpture has been exhibited in several international sculpture symposia and national sculpture exhibitions as well as being commissioned for public and corporate spaces.
Shown below, Yaxi is working on one of her monumental works entitled The Gate of Life, a monumental urban sculpture in bronze created during the China Changchun International Sculpture Symposium 2001. In a more ephemeral vein, browse to see Pregnant, a monumental snow sculpture created on a frozen lake in Harbin, China.
Robert Cannon, born in Flemington, New Jersey, May 10, 1969, is an american sculptor. He holds a BA with distinction from Yale University. While attending Yale, Cannon studied under the American Sculptor Alice Aycock. Nature is the inspiration and foundation for Cannon’s terraform sculptures. Terraform, literally translates to "Earth-shaping", the process of deliberate modification of the atmosphere, temperature, surface topography or ecology to be similar to those of Earth to make it habitable by humans.
Pubblicato il 28/04/12 ed Aggiornato il
Il pittore Italiano Ottorino De Lucchi è nato a Ferrara. Si è laureato in Chimica 1975 e Farmacia 1977 presso l’Università di Padova. E’ membro della Società Chimica Italiana dal 1977, dove ha ricoperto la carica di Presidente della Divisione di Chimica Organica e dal 1979 è membro dell’American Chemical Society. Nel 1984 ha ricevuto la medaglia Ciamician dalla Società Chimica Italiana, nel 1993 il premio Federchimica e nel 1997 il prestigioso Zeneca lecture prize, presso Wilmington, USA.
The artwork that Thomas Dodd creates is visionary in scope and dualistic in nature. Light and darkness, life and death, and beauty and horror exist side by side in his creations. Mythological and religious themes abound in his work; sometimes with a twisted tongue-in-cheek approach, and at others reverently paying homage to the Old Master traditions that influence his vision.
Pubblicato il 27/04/12 ed Aggiornato il
Исаа́к Ильи́ч Левита́н [1860-1900] was a classical Lithuanian-Russian landscape painter who advanced the genre of the "mood landscape". Levitan's work was a profound response to the lyrical charm of the Russian landscape. Levitan did not paint urban landscapes; with the exception of the View of Simonov Monastery (whereabouts unknown), mentioned by Nesterov, the city of Moscow appears only in the painting Illumination of the Kremlin.
Jeff C. Legg’s artistic interests developed in childhood and by age 13, he was apprentice to a well known regional artist and college art professor Darrel Dishman. This nearly four years of mentoring under Mr. Dishman laid the foundation for his drawing and painting skills which led him to study at the Atelier Lack in Minneapolis and the Minneapolis College of Art and Design.
Pubblicato il 26/04/12 ed Aggiornato il
Metalmorphosis is a 14-ton water fountain that's shaped like a human head. On top of that, the sculpture is made with over 35 steel layers that can independently rotate 360 degrees to re-arrange its face and trip your brains out.
The mirrored water fountain is made by Czech sculptor David Černý and is located in Whitehall Technology Park in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Djordje Prudnikoff [Ђорђе Прудникофф] is an russo-serbian painter, graphic artist and designer, championed as one of the greatest and most original contemporary artists to emerge from the former Yugoslavia. It was the hand of God that joined a serbian woman and a russian man, who had come to Serbia as boy, with his parents, after the October Revolution in Russia. So, on April 19th 1939 in Uzice, they got their son Djordje - Djordje Prudnikoff.
In 1946, the family moved to Belgrade. After completing his grammar school, Djordje was admitted to the Academy of Fine Arts. Few months later he left it to enroll at the Academy of Applied Arts where he graduated in the class of Professor Mihailo Petrov. During his studies Prudnikoff was rewarded several times for graphic design. Graphic industrial design was his preoccupation while staying in Wienna, in 1967.
Nato a Poções Bahia, si stabilì a San Paolo, dove ha iniziato la sua carriera artistica, studiando con i più grandi nomi dell'arte figurativa. Realizzato con il disegno del modello dal vivo e maestro Luis Alberto, l'Associazione Paulista di Belle Arti, poi studiando con il maestro Jorge Abraham Esteves: teoria del colore e anatomia degli animali, soprattutto cavalli.
Formada en la Escuela de Arte Fernando Estevez de Tenerife y la prestigiosa Escola Massana de Arte Moderno, de Barcelona.
Depurado estilo realista. Enmarcada dentro del realismo mágico. Trabaja con la Sala Conca (Tenerife) y la Galería Xerión (Coruña). Fundadora del Colectivo Artistico Rincón del Atril, profesora de Dibujo, Pintura y terapias artísticas y miembro de varias sociedades de Ilustración y Diseño. En la actualidad reside en Madrid e imparte clases de Arte.
Gilles Charest was born in Montreal, Canada in 1947. He studied education, literature, and administration at the University of Montreal. He taught for a few years before changing his career in 1975 when, along with two associates, he founded an advertising agency and assumed the role of creative director.
Pubblicato il 25/04/12 ed Aggiornato il
Artist Yasmina Alaoui and photographer Marco Guerra love to tantalize their audience. In their life-sized photographic series "one thousand and one dreams", statuesque bodies apear frozen in time, covered from head to toe in meticulously detailed, contemporary Arabic Henna patters. Captivated by the realism and sculptural quality of each human form, the viewer becomes lost in an illusion. Each artwork begins with a black and white nude photograph by Guerra. Layers of Alaoui's complex ink drawings are then fused with the portrait, with breathtaking results. Originally from Chile and Morocco respectively, the couple were inspired by the Thousand and One Nights, a legendary collection of tales from the Middle east, and the magic surrealism of South American literature.
Pubblicato il 24/04/12 ed Aggiornato il
Edward Hopper 1882-1967, considerato il migliore pittore realista americano del XX secolo, è stato un pittore statunitense famoso soprattutto per i suoi ritratti della solitudine nella vita americana contemporanea. Il successo ottenuto con una mostra di acquerelli 1923 e con un'altra di dipinti 1924 contribuiscono a fare di Hopper il caposcuola dei realisti che dipingevano la "scena americana".
Rembrandt and Caravaggio were primary influences on Nerdrum's work, while secondary influences include Masaccio, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Titian and the less obvious influences, according to Vine and either mentioned by Nerdrum himself or other critics, that include Brueghel, Goya, Chardin, Millet, as well the even less apparent Henry Fuseli, Caspar David Friedrich, Ferdinand Hodler, Edvard Munch, Käthe Kollwitz, Salvador Dalí, Chaim Soutine and Lars Hertervig.
Italian painter Gianluca Mantovani was born in Livorno, where he lives and works. In 2004, driven by the innate passion for drawing and reached a level of personal maturity, begins to engage in the self-taught oil painting.
Livorno, the city of Macchiaioli, introduced him initially to Impressionism: the first works in fact strongly affected by these characteristics but his artistic research and experimentation led him to approach other styles, until he meets his teacher Bruno Di Maio.
Pubblicato il 23/04/12 ed Aggiornato il
He’s an artist, born in South America and moved to Australia after traveling Europe up and down, wanting to bring his dream to life. The Victorian village of Marysville, 95 km from Melbourne, was the perfect place to develop Bruno’s wish to create a sculpture garden. He bought a property, including a generous piece of sub-alpine forest, and after five months of hard work, he opened to the public Bruno’s Art Sculpture Garden.
Born in Eckernförde, Germany, Gesine Marwedel, german painter, raised in Dortmund. After finishing school 2005, worked in an indian orphanage for some months. The experiences I made there had influences on my subject of study such as on my artwork. I studied "rehabilitation science" from 2005-2008 and finished with the BA graduation.
Pubblicato il 22/04/12 ed Aggiornato il
Personalità inquieta, attratto dal pensiero orientale e dalle teorie cosmogoniche, Klein Yves 1928-1962, pittore e scultore francese, legato alla poetica Dadaista, precursore della Body Art ed annesso al Nouveau Réalisme, iniziò dipingendo pannelli monocromi, limitando verso il 1957 la sua gamma al solo blu; nel 1958 tenne a Parigi una spettacolare e provocatoria esposizione (Le Vide) con muri assolutamente nudi e, tra il 1956-1959, eseguì la monumentale decorazione per la facciata del teatro Gelsenkirchen.
Oлег Щупляк is an Ukrainian painter whose works involve portraits of famous personalities drawn in such a way that common objects and scenery make up their distinctive faces in amalgamated form. The pictures are brilliantly, and evocatively multilayered with uncommon depth. Born in the Ternopol region of the Ukraine, Shuplyak studied architecture at the Lviv Polytechnic Institute, but his passion was always painting.
Pubblicato il 21/04/12 ed Aggiornato il
Pubblicato il 20/04/12 ed Aggiornato il
Citazioni sul colore.
- I colori, come i lineamenti, seguono i cambiamenti delle emozioni. Pablo Picasso
- Non c'è blu senza il giallo e senza l'arancione. Vincent Van Gogh
- Il colore è un mezzo di esercitare sull'anima un'influenza diretta. Il colore è un tasto, l'occhio il martelletto che lo colpisce, l'anima lo strumento dalle mille corde. Wassily Kandinsky
- Amo i colori, tempi di un anelito inquieto, irresolvibile, vitale, spiegazione umilissima e sovrana dei cosmici "perché" del mio respiro. Alda Merini
- I colori maturano la notte. Alda Merini
- Il disegno ed il colore non sono affatto distinti. Man mano che si dipinge, si disegna. Più il colore diventa armonioso, più il disegno si fa preciso. Paul Cézanne
- Una mattina, siccome uno di noi era senza nero, si servì del blu: era nato l'impressionismo. Pierre-Auguste Renoir
Pubblicato il 19/04/12 ed Aggiornato il
Inspired by a friend's mastiff that would imitate its master's morning yoga routine, photographer Daniel Borris created "Yoga Dogs," a full-color collection of 45 different dogs and puppies doing human yoga poses.
Don't worry: No animals were harmed during the making of the images; instead, their extreme flexibility can be chalked up to some very effective digital trickery.
Pubblicato il 18/04/12 ed Aggiornato il
As a young woman, her B.A. in fine arts from the University of Texas at Tyler took a backseat to the corporate world for many years: advertising exec; graphic designer and art director of her own company; and later corporate and executive recruiter. Not surprisingly, she was recognized in national competitions for her print design and annual reports, but shortly after her move to Denver in 1994, the satisfied extrovert began to hear from the starving artist. She says she “felt like her soul was drying up”. An oil-painting class at the Art Students’ League of Denver rained water on that desert ground.
Raphael [1483-1520] was one of the finest draftsmen in the history of Western art, and used drawings extensively to plan his compositions. According to a near-contemporary, when beginning to plan a composition, he would lay out a large number of stock drawings of his on the floor, and begin to draw "rapidly", borrowing figures from here and there.
I am a full-time artist and reside in a very small town near Savannah, Georgia, though I call California home. Painted portraiture is a long-time study and passion of mine. The Baroque Beast series serves my desire to make portraits using beastly attributes that the viewer can sympathize with on a level of human emotion. I believe society already identifies certain animals as noble, others as witty, still others as fierce. Because portraiture is semi-permanent, I believe this dignifies those characteristics, be they noble or barbaric.
Pubblicato il 17/04/12 ed Aggiornato il
Steven DaLuz, American painter, is a versatile artist with an eclectic sensibility. His interests are split between abstraction and figurative art. He is best known for figurative works that straddle impressionism and realism. He may be equally identified with abstract works that are landscape referential-employing metal leaf, oil, and mixed media. DaLuz was born in Hanford, California, the son of an Air Force officer. From an early age, he was exposed to art in galleries and in publications, which fed his interest in drawing. DaLuz attended 13 schools in 7 states and 3 foreign countries by the time he graduated from high school. Throughout, he was inspired by art teachers, and by his own father, who painted recreationally. The cultures to which he was exposed spawned his varied artistic interests. After just one semester at San Antonio College, the Vietnam War interrupted his art studies and led to a long stint with the United States Air Force.
Pubblicato il 16/04/12 ed Aggiornato il
Born in Zierikzee 1941.
Studied in 1966 and 1967 at the High Institute of Painting in Antwerpen.
Since 1993 his works are represented at the prestigious Art Collection of ING.
Pieters lives and works in Oostburg.
His paints realistic fantasy scenes with a decorative element and a dream-like atmosphere.
Drawing and painting have been part of my life since my tender childhood. A passion that became essential to me along the way. Murals and paintings are my main focus but I also explore the fields of decor, artistic make-up and illustration. Through my art, I try to represent the energy of love that should flow in a society that sometimes leaves a sour taste in my mouth. A revealing aspect of life which I explore through details that, once too often slip through our hands.
Pubblicato il 15/04/12 ed Aggiornato il
Vallejo commenced painting at the age of thirteen and had his first illustration job at the age of sixteen. After emigrating to the United States in 1964, he quickly garnered a fan following from his illustrations of Tarzan, Conan the Barbarian, Doc Savage and various other fantasy characters (often done for paperback fiction works featuring the characters).
- ► 2016 (664)
- ► 2015 (509)
- ► 2014 (391)
- ► 2013 (588)
- Max Gasparini 1970 ~ Portrait painter
- Alex Alemany 1943 ~ Hyperrealist / Symbolist paint...
- Cheri Blum ~ Faux painting
- Zhang Yaxi 1968 ~ Urban sculptress
- Nick Gentry 1980 | Floppy disk abstract paintings
- Robert Cannon 1969 | Terraform Sculpture
- Wendy Ng ~ Abstract painter
- Deidre But-Husaim, 1959 ~ Futurist / Hyperrealist ...
- Ottorino De Lucchi, 1951
- Thomas Dodd ~ Visionary photographer
- Isaac Levitan ~ Impressionist painter
- Jeff Legg 1959 ~ Still Life painter
- Scultura vegetale ~ L'arte Topiaria
- Metalmorphosis | Giant Rotating Heads | Public Art...
- Djordje Prudnikoff, 1939
- Cath Riley ~ Hyperrealist Illustrator
- Marcos Damascena 1981 ~ Hyperrealist painter
- Immaculada Juarez 1975 ~ Realist painter
- Gilles Charest 1947 ~ Still Life painter
- Yasmina Alaoui ~ Body Painter
- Duma Arantes 1973 ~ Fashion painter
- Edward Hopper ~ Realist painter
- Odd Nerdrum 1944 ~ Figurative painter
- Camille Claudel 1864-1943
- Gianluca Mantovani, 1974 ~ Figurative painter
- Bruno Torfs ~ Sculpture Garden
- Gesine Marwedel 1987 ~ Body Painting
- Klein Yves ~ Dadaist and Nouveau Réalisme painter
- Fractalius | Il plugin artistico del digitale
- Oleg Shuplyak, 1967 ~ Surreal Optical Illusion pai...
- Pantelis Zografos 1949 | Watercolors of Greek Isla...
- Web colors | Tutti i codici HTML
- Daniel Borris ~ Dogs and Kittens Yoga
- E Melinda Morrison ~ Impressionist Figurative pain...
- Raffaello Sanzio ~ Drawings
- Ben Heine 1983 ~ Digital Surrealist painter
- Olivia Beaumont | The Baroque Beasts paintings
- Steven DaLuz 1953 ~ Neo-Luminist Abstract painter
- Dalila Del Valle ~ Hyperrealist fantastic painter
- Paul Cadmus ~ Magic Realist painter | Part. 2
- Dick Pieters ~ Fantastic Realism painter
- Sophie Wilkins ~ Magic Realism painter
- Boris Vallejo 1941 ~ Fantasy painter
- Andrej Gorenkov 1969 ~ Surrealist painter
- John Pitre, 1942 ~ Fantasy/Surrealist painter
- Ben Goossens 1945 ~ Surrealist photographer | Part...
- Paolo Uccello ~ Early Renaissance painter
- Sam Weber ~ Visionary illustrator
- Eugeniusz Żak 1884-1926 ~ Neo-classic painter
- Timur Tsaku 1971 ~ Surreal Hyperrealist painter
- Michael Solovyev, 1972
- Tatiana Deriy, 1973 ~ Esthetic Realism painter
- Gerard Di-Maccio 1938 | Visionary painter
- Ricardo Fernandez Ortega 1971 ~ Surrealist painter...
- Édouard Cortès ~ Post-Impressionist painter
- Philippe Guillerm ~ Wooden art
- Antoine Jossé 1970 ~ Surrealist sculptor and paint...
- Milen Marinov
- Yuri Laptev 1962 ~ Surrealist painter
- Patrick Le Hec'h
- Guy Cambier ~ Genre painter
- Genre painting | Scenes from everyday life
- Édouard Manet | Realist/Impressionist painter
- The Mannerism Style
- Jordanian site of Petra
- Cristo Redentore, 1931
- Pablo Picasso | The figure
- Spartaco Lombardo 1958 ~ Figurative painter
- Michelangelo ~ Il risorto, 1520
- Coco Chanel ~ Creò la nuova donna del XX secolo
- Worth1000 ~ Il sito dei concorsi per l'arte digita...
- Egon Schiele ~ Expressionist painter
- Charles Courtney Curran ~ Impressionist painter
- La Fontana dei Libri | Roma, 1927
- James Wu
- Roberto Ferri, 1978 | Baroque Era style painter
- William Bouguereau | Academic painter
- Mike Savad | Suburban Scenes
- Norman Rockwell | Realist /Romantic painter
- Claude Monet | Impressionist / Plein air painter
- Gary Jenkins
- Donatello ~ Early Renaissance sculptor
- Vincent Van Gogh | Still life
- Vincent Van Gogh ~ Portraits
- Vincent Van Gogh ~ Self-portraits
- Joe Anna Arnett 1950 ~ Still life painter
- Zoe Mozert ~ Pin-up illustrator
- Kandinsky | Il Trattato dei colori / On the spirit...
- Claude Monet | Haystacks / I Covoni | Painting ser...
- David Riedel 1956 | Still life painter
- Perugino | The Sistine Chapel
- ▼ aprile (91)
- ► 2011 (541)